According to a new Realtor.com survey, 92% of people who sold their home within the last year accepted some buyer-friendly terms and 41% accepted some contingencies to entice buyers into signing contracts.
- 41% Accepted some contingencies in the contract (appraisal, home inspection, home sale, financing, etc.)
- 32% Dropped the price because the home didn’t meet appraisal
- 32% Paid for some or all of the buyer’s closing costs
- 30% Had to be flexible on the ideal timeline for closing
- 29% Paid for repairs to the home after the appraisal
- 28% Were not able to rent the home back after closing despite asking to